Tuesday, November 1, 2011

lynden at lynden


Tonight was the moment of truth... I've been sweating bullets wondering if this crazy idea of mine was going to come to fruition as I envisioned it.

Lynden started the first window, digging away at the mortar around one of the concrete blocks, then following it with sledgehammer blows. What we didn't expect was two rows of concrete block, but he wasn't deterred.

With only one small hole through to the other side, he and David began spelling each other, and spending less time than I would have expected, made it through to the other side.

Cool.

And a neat and tidy pile of rubble after I did my small bit with the shop broom afterward - I got the easy job. We'll see if I'm still saying that all this week as I'm wiping up the thin layer of dust off of everything in the gallery.

And on the other side, a view into the gallery. Of course next week, this is going to look different too.

But I think it's fitting Lynden got the fun part, 12 years later, in the building that bears his name.

No comments:

Post a Comment