Monday, November 10, 2008

wine, cheese and jazz

Beautiful fall day Sunday at the river.  David and I went to church at St. Stephens, then walked to Passage of India for lunch - our favorite place.  The soup, in particular is delectable, and I can't figure out what all is in it, to try to recreate it at home.  Ginger and currie for sure, with a creamy tomatoe base.  Maybe coconut milk?

After spending the afternoon in the lab - we both worked - CAD drawings for class for me, we quit and went to the Hilton for Central PA Friends of Jazz.  They did a 30 year tribute to Steve Rudolph, whose work is truly amazing.  For the first time, I had my act together enough to pack a picnic dinner for us - the food available there is expensive, and not that good.  With Greek humus and fresh cheddar, kalamata olives, dried apricots, a baguette, and a bottle each of Pellegrino and Gnarly Head Pinot Noir, it was perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment