Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Dinner

Layne and Cassie went to Jenna and Andrew's for New Year's Eve.  I picked up Joe and Lynden after baking a batch of french bread in the morning, and we headed to Phili for dinner with the rest of them.  I had sent the pork with the girls the night before, so Jenna had it roasting before we arrived.  We heated up the black-eyed peas I brought, along with sauerkraut, salad and brownies.  I enjoyed cooking and cleaning up with Jenna in her little kitchen, cheerful with her collection of red appliances, bowls and accessories.  She noted this was her first dinner to "slave over" but it was worth it!  Afterward, I fell asleep on the sofa to "Guitar Hero" wars, trying to figure out the allure of this popular game - I'd rather read a book then play video games any day of the week, but enjoyed being a part of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment